Marketing, Advertising, & Public Relations
Buddy Scalera is a marketing professional with over 17 years of interactive online experience. He is the Senior Vice President of Content Strategy & Media in Interactive Marketing at the award-winning marketing agency Ogilvy CommonHealth Worldwide.
Currently Scalera is focused on content strategy and marketing, interactive storytelling, social networks, and viral communications as ways of sharing brand messages. His diverse background in web development, comic books, video, photography, publishing, and copywriting serves as a strong foundation for digital marketing.
Scalera maintains Words Pictures Web, a popular and influential blog about online communications and marketing.
- Launched the very first pharmaceutical brand on MySpace, the popular social network, which helped the client communicate with a targeted demographic; later expanded communications to Facebook
- Developed, monitored, and optimized dozens of successful search engine marketing (SEM) campaigns on Google, Yahoo, Ask, and MSN; campaign targeting includes keywords, placements, regionals, banners, click-to-play video, and more
- Monitored and measured the impact of blogs for several large brands, which helped clients to develop new brand messages
- Distributed clients' brand assets on viral video networks, including YouTube, MySpace, Google Video, and Yahoo Video, which helped maximize existing brand video assets
- Wrote and edited many winning proposals, including RFIs, presentations, and other conceptual materials, which led to new business development
- Edited many interactive online eDetails, which educate and motivate healthcare professionals to consider brand benefits
- Developed, launched, and maintained one of the first online pop culture communities on America Online (AOL); later re-launched the award-winning community on the web
Speaking & Events
- Content Marketing World Health Summit (Cleveland, OH)
- DTC National Conference 2012 (Washington DC)
Presentation: "How Social Media Channels Influence Consumers & Their Opinions"
- DTC National Conference 2011 (Boston)
Panel: "Optimizing the Brand Web Site"
- International Pharmaceutical Privacy Consortium (IPPC) Conference 2011 (New York City)
Presentation: "Social Media and Pharmaceutical Brands"
- ExL Pharma: Pharmaceutical Search Engine Marketing Strategies Conference 2009 (Princeton)
Presentation: "Emerging Search Engine Technology Drives Digital Integration Strategy"